2010年6月23日星期三

Any doctor can give me a prescription?

D: Doctor
M: Me

D: Anything I can help?
M: Yes. I have a problem in remembering names, no matter streets' names nor people's names, I just can't put them into my brain. I especially have difficulty in remembering Chinese names. Isn't that weird? I'm a native Chinese and still I found English names are much more easier than the Chinese ones. Does that do with the no. of syllable? Shouldn't be right. Usually English names contain more syllables than the Chinese ones? After all, Chinese names are with three (almost four) characters.

D: Um...
M: I always mix things up too, always get lost in translation. For example, I was thinking "Pacific Place" in English, turned out writing 金鐘時代廣場. What the hell is going on with me? I found myself pretty annoying. Not just I don't remember names, I match wrong translations. And mind you, I've just been to PP a few days ago. And I did cross-check my work, still I don't find any problem with it.....

D: Okay, I sort of understand your situation. Either you're really bad in languages, may be bad in memories too, or just you're not focused enough when you're doing your work. Did you sleep well these days?
M: ..I supposed so. I didn't sleep enough though.

D: How many hours? Sleeping late?
M: Well, yes. I didn't count really. On monday I slept almost 5 hours, and worked 15. On Tue, I slept quite enough... but work till late night. Yesterday I slept at 1:30 in the morning and woke up at 7, then continued working for another 12 hours...

D: Gosh! Tough work! What do you do?
M: I'm a Journalist. (sounds funny.. Am I one?)

D: That's a meaningful one. Do you like your job? What story are you following? The political reform?
M: I wish I was following that. But I'm not. I'm on news focus page, by means focusing on slightly leisure with business elements embedded.

D: What does that mean?
M: It's like a recycling bin, you pick out the meaningful bits and extract them to make some syrup.

D: Sounds challenging.
M: That's not comforting doc. I need prescription..

D: No, I don't think you need one my dear girl. You just need more sleep, that's all.
M: Really? Should I forgive myself then? For being so careless?

D: Well, I'm not the one to judge. You should ask yourself.
M: I think I can't make it. That's my personality. I have been like that for ages, now the symptoms just get even more salient. Shit.

D: Yes.
M: Dammit.

D: ....
M: Sorry.

D: Nononono. It's okay.
M: Why the hack do I have to be such a mixed-language environment?! Who the hell invented that?

D: Well, I must say that's that British people. Colonalization drove all of us nuts.
M: Damnit, I have just written an article about a Brit architect. Fxxk the @@$^%&E&

1 則留言:

  1. 責怪自己並不能解決問題, 從錯誤中學習先知係你應該做既野~ 支持你!

    回覆刪除